mysteries of the world mysteries of the world

I'm not going to comment on the mysteries themselves here, but on the look of the video.

I think it would be helpful to add a black outline to the overlaid text; that way the white text is still readable on bright image backdrops. An other way you could go about it is by overlaying the images with a semi-transparent black layer, darkening them.

I would also suggest using punctuation, and capitalizing the first letter of a sentence.

Other than that. it's a fun concept for a video! :)

sradhe responds:

Thanx for Your help
I will try to improve

Do you have a waffle Do you have a waffle

Fantastic.

Mich: "Would you like a waffle now?"
Brittany: "Oh god, yes."

He is just getting me one. :3 Yaaaaaaaaaay.

district blade ryu EP:4 district blade ryu EP:4

nice but...

looked all fine, but I didn't watch the whole thing.
there's a little bug which makes it very anoying to proceed.
the little knob in the bottom right to proceed doesn't work so I had to right-click everytime and click play then.

I hop for you people are smart enough to figure that out and let it pass judgement.

supersonic5500 responds:

ok I fixed the description on the button

shipz.io shipz.io

Very neat implementation of a classic, had a fun play-through. I like the visual shaking effect when you make a hit, it's a nice touch.

One thing I found a little confusing is the way the grid is drawn; at first I though the crosses where the middle of cells for some reason, rather than the corners. It's not very clear to me that the outer edge of the grid also contains cells; I'd perhaps add some more of those crosses around the edges to make it clearer, or maybe make it a full-fledged grid with fain, solid lines.

That's a lot of rambling on about a minor visual thing that bugged me a little. Overall, fun to play, well done.

osa11 responds:

going to fix GRID issue, thanks for your feedback :)

FL Studio Tutorial FL Studio Tutorial

Nice for the absolute beginner

IT gives you a nice start on how to get around with it.
Though to be honest, I wouldn't quite make a tutorial about someting I've only been using for a couple of months myself :p

I wish you good luck to discover quite a bit more about FL studio, like automations, sidechaining etc.

keyAthlon keyAthlon

Pretty neat

Nice Stepmania like game, but I'm guessing you haven't played it.
on flashflashrevolution.com you'll find this game with loads of songs and a whole community around it. I play a lot there so I thought I'd try this out.

First things first: work on the synchronization, I bet it's hard, but it's really necessary.

And please switch the up and the down arrow, in stepmania, FFR, DDR, ITG, they're switched, so every player of those games is used to it that way (including me) :p

Good job though!

Levée En Masse Levée En Masse

Ooh, gnarly stuff, definitely differing a bunch from what I usually hear from you.

While that very varying bassy synth keeps my interest, I'd have loved some serious overcompression and destruction on that snare drum, just to add a good layer of noise to it.

Speaking of the drums, they main pattern stays pretty rigid throughout the piece, a momentary variation every few bars wouldn't be out of place. Perhaps a bit of stereo effect work wouldn't be out of place for them either.

That said, on a second listen it becomes clear the majority of the labour here has gone to that bassy synth; there's a lot detail to it, which I doubt I'd find the patience for.

I also do like the subtle one-shot background noises you've thrown in there (like that little evil laugh), and the reverby scream or whatever it is. Hard to pick good samples for that sort of stuff and then still use a good bit of moderation in how they should lay in the mix, so kudos for that.

As usual, you've maintain a good mix of classic instruments (piano and strings), which I always appreciate.

Keep at it. =)

MutualCore responds:

love ya babe.

[Knox]Under the Stars [Knox]Under the Stars

I like that very Waltz-y feel it immediately has to it. (oom-ta-ta).

What stands out immediately is the copious amounts of reverb. It sets an interesting atmosphere right at the start.

As other elements come into the song, I feel like this reverb might just be a little bit overkill. I'd keep it for a sort of interlude. You could create some interesting dynamics by making the backing track (which is what I consider the reverb-bathed stuff as) not a constant presence.

Enough about that; I like that layering of multiple instruments you've got going on, it works together well. Nice use of panning too, although I get the impression that the right end is more populated than the left (listening on headphones).

The ending was well executed too. No simple fading, but well done gradual elimination of instruments.

Good job, I liked it. :-)

Knoxius responds:

I was thinking about that reverb as I listened a little bit ago, and I now I intend to go back and drastically reduce it. Not sure why I thought that much reverb would be a good idea at the time :P

Heppeh Heppeh

I agree with what Kirbyfemur said, goofy and fun tracks are neat to make! It definitely sounds like you went out of your usual comfort zone in music (if you even have one) and experimented with some different sounds, with good results.

Very creative with introducing new sounds and making transitions, something I could be jealous of. I usually just do some automations on whatever I can come up with and then drop out or bring in new patterns.

Liking the bells, they really add to that happy atmosphere. I think the portamento and the slight detune here and there give it that 'goofy' feel, I like.

I think I'll have to check out some of VegetarianMeat's stuff now!

I really can't think of any negative remarks so I guess I'm forced to give you the full 5 stars. ;)